Friday 6 April 2018

Kildare

After picking up my car at the airport, I started out for the first stop on this road trip - the Rock of Cashel. En route I stopped for a break in the town of Kildare, the site of the monastery founded by St Brigid in the 5th century. I didn't know that before arriving, so it was a happy surprise to read about it as I walked around town and visited the ruins of a 13th-century abbey, a cathedral built on the site of a church built by St Brigid herself, and a Norman round tower.

I'm short on power as the adaptor I brought with me for my laptop, despite being suitable for some parts of Ireland doesn't apparently work for all of them - so I'll keep this short to conserve power for another blog post another day. In the meantime you can find some photos from today's travels here