Friday 27 January 2012

Urban myth

Someone forwarded an email containing the following anecdote to me today and it gave me a right ol' laugh so thought I'd share it... (I'm not sure where this little gem originated, but if anyone can enlighten me as to the source I'll be happy to insert the appropriate attribution.)

The current plight of the Costa Concordia brings to mind a comment made by Churchill. After his retirement he was cruising the Mediterranean on an Italian cruise liner and some Italian journalists asked why an ex-British Prime Minister should chose an Italian ship.

“There are three things I like about being on an Italian cruise ship” said Churchill.

“First, their cuisine is unsurpassed.

“Second, their service is superb.

“And third, in time of emergency, there is none of this nonsense about women and children first.”